How To: The Everyday Curl is one of my most requested posts!? This is a fairly simple tutorial, and hopefully with images it gives you a better understanding of the steps that I take to achieve my loose everyday curl! This is my go-to hairstyle and typically takes me 10 minutes initially, and about 5 minutes to touch up on the following days.?I am so happy to share these nine steps with you all today. So, lets get started!
- First, begin by using a curling iron approx. 1.25-1.5 inches in diameter. I linked my exact curling iron below! You can use these steps with any size curling iron, however it will determine the size of your curls, bigger or smaller. For an everyday curl, I prefer larger and looser curls. I like to start with clean hair. I typically wash my hair the night before I plan to curl my hair, and let it air dry. When using heat on my hair, I try to keep it to a minimal. A great way to reduce heat, is to allow you hair to air dry. Begin by brushing through your hair. I like to use a wet brush, because I feel it gets through all of my tangles without much struggle or pain! I linked my exact one below.
- Then begin by sectioning off your hair into two layers, a top layer and a bottom layer. I fasten the top layer with a rubber band of a clip to insure that it does not get in the way while curling my bottom layer
- Begin by taking a section of hair, about 1-2 inches wide. The bigger the section, the larger the curl. So if you are looking for tighter curls, make your sections smaller. If you are looking for larger, looser curls, make the section larger!
- Start the curling iron about half way up on the section of hair, and begin curling away from your face. This is the number one mistake that I see girls when curling their hair, is that they curl towards their face instead of away!
- I hold the curl for a few seconds until it cools, setting the curl!
- Release the curl, and begin curling the rest of the side of your hair!
- Repeat steps on the opposite side, but remember to still curl away from your face!
- Release the top layer of hair, and begin repeating the same steps. On the top layer, I typically make my sections a little bit smaller because I like the curls to be tighter on top. Since that is the layer that I typically run my fingers through and touch throughout the day, for me, it is important to have the curls a little bit tighter.
- Run your fingers through your hair to loosen up the curls and secure your everyday curl with hairspray! My personal favorite is Big Sexy, Stay & Play hairspray. I have seen girls who run their fingers after each curl, however I have found that waiting until the end allows your curls to hold and the heat to cool first.
Giveaway winner was @WesleyDorr! Congratulations, and thank you to all who entered!
Read my post about 5 Tips + Trick to healthy hair, here.